St. Brigid's Church, Raharney

The immediate predecessor of the present chapel of Raharney stood nearer the river than the present building. A lease in the diocesan archives, dated 4th March 1834 grants land “laid out for the purpose of erecting a Roman Catholic chapel thereon” which was built later that year by Fr. John Curran PP. This chapel was renovated by Fr. Eugene O’Rourke PP in 1860. Both events are commemorated with an inscription on the exterior righthand-side wall of the church

© Copyright Killucan Parish